If you are a tradesman and happen to own a place firm that provides tradesman services, you know that the biggest problem in your field is to get people to know you, especially when you are new in the market. You also know that you aren’t the only one out there. Some other tradesmen have been serving your target customers for decades and you need to do something to let them know you are a better option.
So here are some tips for you to get noticed:
- Use social media: Today people try to Google the solution to all their problems, so not being on social media might be your biggest mistake while you are trying to promote your business. Make sure that your business comes up on Google’s nearby places for the tradesman job you do. Go live on social platforms to answer people questions associated with your tradesman jobs, make a few videos teaching how to fix common problems at homes which reflect how well acquainted you are with your customer’s problems and how easily you can fix them.
- Social outreach: To make a lot of money, you first need to spend or let go of some. Try to help people in need in your target area for free. Volunteer to do local community construction jobs. Let them talk to other people about how helping, caring and amazing you are. After all, before the whole advertising industry came up, the society pretty much knew about stuffs around them through the word of mouth.
- Showcase your skills: You can record your progress or put up some of those Before-After photos online or near your business. They show how good you are at what you do and why you are the option to opt for while people have a plethora of others.
- Meet people: Walk into the local stores and let them know what all services you offer. Build a good relationship with people in your target community so that they think of you as one of them who can fix their problems. Building a good rapport with people around also ensures that they recommend you to their customers too for things they don’t do.
- Referral services: You have already seen even well established businesses do so, then why not try doing it yourself? Give out pamphlets to local businesses and say you are offering a discount if your customer spends a certain amount of money at the store they got the paper from. Get into business relationships with some local stores so that they can offer similar referral discounts for your company in return.
- Design effective website: Build a proper and official website for your business and highlight your company’s values in it. Don’t forget to display all your services on it and saying that you provide a complete and the best tradesman job.
- Giveaways: Who doesn’t like free gifts? Advertise free giveaways for people who avail your services.
As a tradesman, you have experienced a great deal of fluctuation in your business inflow. Business varies with respect to seasons, festivities and so on. But an effective promotion of your business will ensure you get adequate business all year long.
You Might Also Like to Read: