Introducing a tiling shower floor isn’t troublesome and will just take one week to finish. Since the shower is a conceivably risky region, it is prescribed to utilize just clay or tiles particularly intended for high dampness regions.
Getting started with the Pan Floor
To build a pan floor and perform required tasks, it takes speeds, quality, and most importantly time. There are many tradesmen in the UK who perform tiling jobs in a sophisticated manner.
How to construct on your own?
1. Prepare the plan: The plan is actually to build a shower base that is placed an angel for the wastewater to easily reach the sinkhole. For, this, you have to apply a little mathematics and prepare a framework of drain and tiles.
2. Material to be used: For the work of shower base and tile fitting, you would need certain equipment, tool and materials. Therefore, before you actually put your hand in the work, make sure you have all materials and tools handy. The list includes: –
- Dry mortar
- Waterproofing barrier
- Wet saw
- Lumber board (2*4 inches)
- Footboards (1/2inches*2inches*7foots)
- Thin-set mortar
- Electric screwdriver
- Tile spacers
- Tape measure
- Curb tile grout
- Notched Trowel
- Sanding block
- 2-inch pipe
- Foam roller
- Shower Drain
3. Choose the tile: Choose the right measurement of tiles to fit in the shower base. You can choose them according to the design and budget you want.
4. Build the frame: To make the frame, you will have taken care of the shower pan shape and size. Use the board (1*2 inch) to mark the correct place of door, panels and curb. Into the board, mark the cut. Now, assemble the frame made of wood having outer and inner edges of the curb. Secure the boards with a nail, simultaneously securing the frame in the place.
5. Mix the mud to pour: Now comes the point of mixing the mud to pour into the pan. You have to follow the instruction written on the packet of mud. Once mixed, pour the mud all over the curb frame and level it. Make sure the mud is all over the wooden frame. Wait for 24 hours to set. Use a drywall to make it smooth.
6. Install the drain: After the mud has set perfectly, mark for the drain. It should be 2 inches above the floor and hence, place the amount of mud needed to bring the ¾-inch slope and 2 inches of height. Again, use the mud and level the surface. Fit the drain and seal it properly. Let it sit for 3 days and waterproof it.
7. Fit the tiles: Take the measurement and lay the tiles on the surface to mark cut where needed. Now, cut the tiles and again lay them down. Apply a smooth thin-set and place the tiles over it. Allow them to sit for a few minutes and shape the tiles using the tile nipper.
8.Apply the grout: For the final touch, apply the grout and let it dry for a few minutes. Wipe off the surface for extra pouring and your shower pan floor is ready.
If you require expert assistance, hire a tiler in the UK, who is the best for the work. You can hire them for the quality work in less time. However, if you have really made up your mind, here is the guide for shower Floor Pan DIY.