Bag a Builder Limited of 86-90 Paul St, London EC2A 4NE, UK ("We")
are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the
following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and
how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.bagabuilder.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to
the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bag a Builder
Limited of 86-90 Paul St, London EC2A 4NE, UK.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in
forms on our site https://www.bagabuilder.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by
telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to
use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a tradesman, construction firm or job,
post a job on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on
our site, or enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with
- The information you give us may include but is not limited to
- your name
- contact information including address, e-mail address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- financial and credit card information
- personal description and photograph and
- job title
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will
automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to
connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and
- version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating
system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators
(URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages
you viewed and what you searched for, page response times, download errors,
length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling,
clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any
telephone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if
you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case
we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data
internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for
what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third
parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment
and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information
providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information
about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to
improve our site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you
and us and to provide you with any information, products and services that you
request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to
those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information
about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will
only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about
services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations
of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third
parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if
you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or
to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the
relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for
you and for your computer.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers
or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email
address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market
research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or mail. We may use
the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose
to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site
about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with
information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this
information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on
the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company
and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any
contract we enter into with them;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve
relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about
identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with
aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that
500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of
audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of
the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our
advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bag a Builder Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in
which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bag a Builder Limited, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside
the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the
EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other
things the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this
transfer, storing or processing. Bag a Builder Limited will take all steps reasonably necessary
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions
will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which
enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password
confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security
of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have
received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We
will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such
purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the
forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting
us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note
that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any
responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit
any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be
exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to
meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates
addressed to [email protected].